Monday, January 30, 2012

Wake Up and Smell the Peppers

 

It was in the produce store, a comment about peppers, not about peppers from a handsome man,
my age. I answered, "Yes, the peppers are cheap here," before I knew he wasn't interested in the peppers.

He looked at his friend, and the two men exchanged smiles. Was he mocking me?

Just like the shy, thirteen year old me, I hid behind my hair and turned away. But as I rummaged through my purse for my wallet and paid for the peppers, I thought, was that, could that, have been ... flirting?

Confused, I found my way through the parking lot. I remembered where I had parked, but realized I had forgotten what it felt like to be a woman, admired by a man.

8 comments:

  1. Wake up and smell the peppers!....It was totally flirting! Love this Wrinkling Daily! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie, thanks for stopping by. I made it over to your blogs and enjoyed browsing around. Will be back to check out the latest.

      Delete
  2. yee haw!

    girl...Wrinks...you still got it!
    and ah.....he'll be looking for you again
    as you will him hee hee
    ah to feel that that feeling again....like springtime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz, well I don't know about that, since I didn't even know what it was until the moment had passed. But we shall see... How did your brother do with the surgery? Hope things are looking up.

      Delete
  3. nice! I get that once in a while, and tuck it away like a scented hankie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice way to look at it Lorna, really truly.

      Delete
  4. hi there, thanks for passing by my blog and yup your right, i am rather mad hehehe... Regarding your pepper incident i do hope you never asked him to squeeze them :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too busy making a quick getaway...if it ever happens again, it would be great progress if I could utter something coherent...

      Delete