Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Suite Surrender



This endless
tug of war.

Tell me,

If I let go,
what will you do 
with your end?

Lasso the victory
and show it off?

Trip
on your lies
and fall?

I keep 
holding on
hoping 
for a
human
being
at the other end.

But there is
just
irrationality
yanking
without
remorse.

If I let go,
you win
the coveted
castle

And I learn
to live 
without
walls
of 
my own

I might 
one day 
know the
scents of
home again.

But then again, I might not. 

Still,
to let go
is to be free
of you.

And,
I do,
love
the sound 
of that.


Here.


I’m 

letting

go

of 

my

end


What you do with yours, 
is out of my hands.

9 comments:

  1. Voice of experience? Sounds like it.
    I've been there. And self respect is worth far more than anything that was tied to "the other end" in my case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. just wish I had let go sooner, but...here we go...

      Delete
  2. happy Independence Day Wrinks

    lives,fortunes and their sacred honor
    you go girl
    maybe when you let go he'll fall on his ass
    we can only wish....oh that wasn't nice was it? too bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz, you are great. So glad i found you and your gardens and your love of family and your moons.

      Delete
    2. no I am the lucky one to have found you in blogland...you are special with a big kind heart no matter what....I like that
      oh....my daughter is better...we had a wonderful Independence Day....squirt guns and watermelon and kiddie pool......

      Delete
    3. So very glad to hear that, I am. Truly. I'm happy for her, her family, you and your hubby and the rest of the clan. Sounds like a spectacular summer celebration.

      Delete
  3. You're a wonderful writer. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan too if you can write like that I want to know more!! I'm sorry you've had such an experience with divorce, that's always ugly, but I do hope your heart will mend in time .. after all 55 years is no age, its supposed to be the new forties!!! I will be back as Arney says!!! have a great weekend., hugs from across the pond.. janzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I stopped breathing while I read that.

    ReplyDelete